Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Great Day!!

Today was an absolutely fabulous day!! I got to spend great quality time with my new youth pastor's 8 year old daughter, and then had a great few hours with his wife and 14 year old son! Talk about a fun family!! 

I had a realization today as Tammy (the mom) kept saying over and over, "Thank you so much for watching A**!!" that what helped her was also helping me! I got to send time with a wild child, who was VERY much like myself at 8! It was probably more of a blessing to me than it was to Tammy! I love seeing life through such young eyes, where every little thing is a huge treat! Going to a playground, wandering around Target, getting frozen yogurt, and even eating lunch! Who knew life could be so awesome every day?! 

Today also made me think about how much it means when people invest in our lives. When we were hanging out, A seemed to hang on my every word, and when I was talking to her mom about maybe helping with math for homeschooling, she yelled from the other end of the house, "PLEASE come help with homeschool!!!" I also remember whenever I was her age and my sister's friends would pay attention to me! It was one of the best feelings ever! So I keep inn mind that she might enjoy my company as much as I enjoy hers. I think we might need to make Sarah & A dates a regular thing!!!!

I wanted to share a quick side note before I sign off. I had a fantastic guest post lined up for yesterday, but the day got away from me!! Look for it next Wednesday!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** - Since my blog is being shared widely on the internet, I will be keeping children's names anonymous for their family's privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment