Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Update: The Mundane & The Difficult

It has been 4 weeks... 4 weeks since I got the worst news I've had in my life...

The Mundane:

Well, I've decided to take a step back from photography. Not only is my market completely over-saturated with photographers (great ones and not-so-great ones), but I've been having a hard time getting a leg up in the industry. I feel as if God is trying to tell me to ale a break, that the business will flourish in its time.

So this means that now I am looking for a job! What am I going to do? Well, I am great doing receptionist and administrative assistant work, and a few opportunities are currently available, so I'm waiting to see where God wants me!

The Difficult:

After a lot of consideration, I have decided to seek out a therapist. Keeping our private life private, I'll just say that I'm having issues communicating what's emotionally going on wth me right now, not only to others but also to myself. I know it sounds strange, but I'm not even sure what I'm feeling, and when I do know, I don't know WHY I feel that way. After talking this through with James (who is being amazingly gracious and supportive right now!!), we both agreed it would be great for me.

Just a side note to my friends. Please don't be offended if I don't open up to you. Talking about how I'm feeling is VERY difficult (it's all I can do to blog!) right now, so please have some grace with me and know its just my current emotions talking. And some times are harder than others (evening is more difficult for me, usually), but I might surprise you and be very open and candid. Just be ready for whatever! Hahaha!

So there you have it! I'm being candid, which is VERY difficult for me right now, but I wanted to keep up the purpose of this blog. I intended it for a way to share my raw feelings (well, somewhat raw), so that no woman struggling after a loss needs to feel alone in her journey!!! Please share my blog with anyone you think may benefit from it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to share your story of pregnancy loss or infant loss on my blog, please contact me at sarah.myheartsmusings@gmail.com for more information!!

4 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for seeking out therapy. I think you are doing marvelously well all things considering. Much love to you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing shameful in any way about seeking help when you need it. And if therapy is something that you think can help you to work through this rough time, then may the Lord bless it! I can personally say that therapy has been a very helpful tool on the steps to recovery for me in the past. I hope that it does the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord gifted therapists for a reason. I'm glad to hear you are going to go to counseling. As a past participator in counseling, I can say it helped me. Let me know if I can do anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to send lots of ((Hugs))!!

    ReplyDelete