Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blessing through community

When I say that there is blessing through community, I'm not talking about my friends who have helped me throughout this (although they have been a tremendous blessing), but an even greater blessing comes from other women who know where my mind and heart are at right now. Women who have experienced loss, no matter what stage.

Yesterday I was blessed to have lunch with a friend I met through an online support forum. We realized that we lived in the same city, and having that community was fantastic. We were able to sit and have lunch with each other, for a while not even talking about our losses, and at the same time there was a special bond because we were coming from the same place.

One of my very good friends has also had 2 miscarriages, and from the first moment I thought I might be miscarrying, she came bearing flowers and sweets. These people are such a blessing because they know that nothing they can do will take away my pain, but that by being there with me, it decreases all of our pain. In joining together through our pain, we are able to help care for each other.

I really want to encourage my readers to share this blog with your friends. I've already had people I don't even know send me an email wanting to share their story. The positive feedback I've received is so humbling, to know that this one blog is making a difference in people's lives. So, don't share it for me, share it for them. I created it to supply a safe place for information and emotional connection, and I know that it is already being used by God for His glory!

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Psalm 150
Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have had a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss, and would like to share your story to encourage others (and to have a therapeutic outlet!), send me an email at sarah.myheartsmusings@gmail.com for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment