Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fulfilling His will in our lives...

I have several scriptures set aside for days like today, when my day gets busy and I'm feeling uninspired. The one I'd like to share today is this:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9, 10 NIV)

Do I delight that my child was taken from me? No. Does the Lord give us things in our lives that we can't endure? No. Do I delight that He entrusted me with this burden because He knew I could handle it through His grace? Absolutely :)

A woman I know, that is also dealing with a loss, shared something a good friend spoke over her. God's plan is sovereign, and it's not our time until our purpose on Earth has been fulfilled. What a privelege to give life to someone who fulfills Gods purpose for their life in a matter of a few weeks, before they even enter the world!

I am such a proud mother. I'm proud of my Gabriel for doing the Lord's work in his short little life. Who knew such a tiny person could so radically change my world, and the world of those who hear his story? I am a proud mother, indeed.

1 comment: